Breaking News
  • May 8Yearbooks are on sale at jostens.com!

STEELE SQUIRE

The Student News Site of Byron P Steele High School

STEELE SQUIRE

STEELE SQUIRE

Get Moving!

Here are some common reasons why Texas kids move homes in their childhood. First, quite a few children in Texas have a parent or close family member in the military, which means they have to move along with that family member to wherever they are now stationed.

“I moved because my dad was a travel nurse during the pandemic, and they needed help in San Antonio. After a while, he liked it more than Corpus so he decided to stay and have us move here with him,” Gavyn Villarreal said.

It can be very difficult for some kids to move because of the fact that they may have a hard time fitting in and making friends in new places. Although some kids love the change and to them it’s a chance to make lots of new friends and memories.

“I moved because my dad’s job in the military stationed us somewhere else, and it wasn’t too hard. I loved moving, and I got to meet new friends everywhere and go from hot Hawaii to snowy Colorado, so it was cool,” Allyah Santana said.

As you can see, children have to move around for many different reasons, and all have different views and feelings about it.