Breaking News
  • May 8Yearbooks are on sale at jostens.com!

STEELE SQUIRE

The Student News Site of Byron P Steele High School

STEELE SQUIRE

STEELE SQUIRE

Second Home

Theater student finds inspiration through acting
Second+Home

Everyone has their home away from home, and for Masyn Caramello, it’s theater.

“The Steele theater department has really become my second family over the years,” Caramello said. “The love that everyone has for each other is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in any other school activity. We really do have each other’s backs and we really enjoy getting to spend time together.”

On April 3rd, the Steele theater department performed their UIL show The Scent of Jasmine, a one-act play about grief. Caramello has participated in three UIL shows so far.

“Being in UIL has, honestly, given me some of the best memories in my high school career. I never laugh more than when the UIL company is together,” Caramello said.

She played the main character’s friend in their most recent play. Even though she didn’t have a main role, she acknowledges the effect the play had on her.

“Being in The Scent of Jasmine was so special and truly an experience I’ll never forget,” Caramello said. “Getting to work alongside some of the most talented people I know is such a joy.”

Caramello wants to be a theater teacher one day and hopes to share her love for acting with others.